Bountiful Harvest Community Garden
Our community garden is latest addition to our campus. Not only a place to grow vegetables in your own raised bed or in the community garden, our garden is designed to be a destination for members of the community. The garden is home to many fruit trees and berry bushes. The grounds will include a walking track around the garden along with a shelter, picnic tables and benches along the way. The Bountiful Harvest Community Garden is indeed a place for the West End Community to come together!
Community Garden Update
After one year and countless hours of help from the community and volunteers, we are happy to share....
- 20 Fruit bearing trees and bushes have been planted to include apple, cherry, pear trees and blueberry bushes.
- 19 personal community raised beds have been planted with a large variety of vegetables to include squash, potatoes, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, peppers, watermelons, swiss chard, carrots, herbs, beans, okra, and more.
- In early May 2016, a large "in ground" section of the garden was planted with various vegetables that will be open to the community as well.
- Park benches are completed and will be placed throughout the garden area.
- Community support continues to grow. Now that residents of the West End can see the "life" in the garden, there is a sense of excitement and recognition that the Bountiful Harvest Community Garden is going to be a real asset to the community.